Surveyor® Mutation Detection Kits provide a simple and robust method to detect mutations and polymorphisms in DNA. The key component of the kits is Surveyor Nuclease, a member of the CEL family of mismatch-specific nucleases derived from celery. Surveyor Nuclease recognizes and cleaves mismatches due to the presence of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) or small insertions or deletions.
- Detect base-substitution and insertion/deletion mismatches.
- In a single reaction, identify mutations in DNA fragments up to 3.5 kb.
- Quickly determine the number of mutations by observing the number of cleavage products.
- Detect 1 mutant allele out of 32 alleles in pooled samples.
- Use with various analysis platforms.
New Packaging, Same Surveyor Kits
In the coming weeks, we will be incrementally rolling out new packaging for Surveyor Mutation Detection Kits to reflect the transition of this product line to IDT. These kits contain the same components as the Surveyor Mutation Detection Kits previously sold by Transgenomic, Inc. Every lot is functionally tested to ensure quality, as described in the included certificate of analysis.